Want to contribute money to Albuquerque Heading Home? Click this link right now and follow the instructions on our donation page.
Albuquerque Heading Home loves volunteers; they are the lifeblood of our initiative. Opportunities range from sorting clothing and furniture, to assembling care packages to helping deliver furniture to folks moving into housing. Please call us to find out how you can help. Below are our current opportunities:
- Home Team Program – We need teams to form support teams for our neighbors as they transition from living on the street to living in housing.
- Move-In Teams – We need people to help move-in newly housed folks every Friday of each month.
- Donation Pickup & Sorting – We need help picking up donations every Friday, sorting them at our warehouse and assembling care packages.
- Committee Work – We need committees to help oversee the above projects. Teams often succeed where individuals fall short. If you’re interested in joining a committee, we have three committees that we are recruiting for – Volunteer Program, Home Team Oversight, Donation and Communications. Each committee consists of a team of 4-5 people and the commitment is approximately 7-10 hours a month. Committee members are encouraged to meet at least once a month and additionally as needed.
In-Kind Donation Drives
We need donated furniture and housewares. If you can donate gently-used furniture, please contact Robert Nelson at (505) 344-2323.
Here’s what’s in demand now:
- Gently-used furniture – Couches, Dressers, Coffee & Kitchen Tables
- Kitchen supplies – Pots, Pans, Plates, Cups, Coffee mugs, Silverware
- Electronics and small appliances that are in working order – Alarm clocks
- Unused Cleaning supplies – Toilet Paper, Paper towels, Soap, Sponges
Here’s what we cannot accept:
- Major household appliances
- Soiled, worn or damaged furniture
- TVs or computers
Pick-up service for furniture is available every 2nd and 4th Friday of each month from 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM. Please call us at (505) 344-2323 to schedule a pick-up.
How Your Donation Is Used
Most items donated are given directly to the individuals and families moving into permanent affordable housing through Albuquerque Heading Home. If we are short on space, we find local organizations that can use the items. You can be sure that your donation will serve Albuquerque’s people in need.
Thank you for your support! It helps us achieve our goal of housing the most vulnerable people experiencing homelessness in Albuquerque. Together, we are ending homelessness one person at a time.