We Need Your Help
Volunteers are the lifeblood of our initiative and we’re always in need of passionate people willing to make a difference in our community.
If you’re interested volunteering, fill out the form below now! For more info, please contact Robert Nelson at (505) 344-2323 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We host a Volunteer Orientation every first Monday of each month from 3:00pm to 5:00pm at 215 3rd St. SW. During the first hour of the orientation, we’ll discuss our general volunteer needs listed below and in the second hour, present on the Home Team Program.
At the orientation, we’ll walk through the volunteer application process. Please note, we conduct background checks on all volunteers wishing to volunteer regularly. The background check costs $15.00.
- Home Team Program – Interested in building community? Join the Home Team Program today! Home teams work to lovingly support our neighbors as they transition from living on the street to living in housing. The next training will be held from 8a-3p on Saturday, April 20th, at 215 3rd St. SW.
- Delivery Team Lead - We need a Delivery Team Lead to direct deliveries every Friday afternoon from 1p-5p. The time commitment is 5-7 hours per week and duties include creating delivery maps, recruiting team members and help keep track of outgoing and incoming donations.
- Move-In Teams - We regularly deliver to newly housed folks every Friday from 1p-5p. We always need extra hands to help lift furniture and help with transport.
- Donation Pickup Teams - We also need help picking up donations.
- Donation Organizers - We need a team of 3-4 volunteers who can help every Friday morning from 9a-11a sort incoming donations, assemble care packages and maintain the current inventory. We meet every Friday morning at 9a at 1513 Broadway NE, located in the Springer Industrial Complex on the west side of Broadway next to Cintas.
- Committee Work - We are forming new committees to support ongoing projects. Teams often succeed where individuals fall short. If you’re interested in joining a committee, we have three committees that we are recruiting for - Volunteer Program, Communications andDonations. Each committee consists of a team of 4-5 people and the commitment is approximately 12-15 hours a month. Committee members are encouraged to meet at least once a month and additionally as needed.