Contact us now. Find out how you can help End Homelessness.
Phone: (505) 226-1700
Hours of Operation: Open Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Contribute cash right now using our donation page.
- Backbone coordinating support.
- Housing Voucher Fund: $6,500 will house one person for one year.
- Home Team Move-In Assistance: $1,500 will get new, deeply-discounted furniture and a supportive community team to help a person move in and stay connected.
- Donate Goods and Services see our In-Kind Gifts & Donations list.
- Furniture: Couches, Chairs, Tables, Dressers, Lamps, End Tables, etc.
- Cleaning Supplies: Vacuum Cleaners, Buckets, Mops, Brooms, Sponges, All Purpose Cleaner, Dish Soap, Laundry Detergent, Window Cleaner, Trash Bags
- Household Items: New Pillows, Towels, Blankets, Pots & Pans, Kitchen Utensils & Silverware
- Personal Items: Feminine Hygiene Products, Toilet Paper, Sunscreen
- Organize individual or employee and company in-kind drives.
Contact Charles LaFond at (505) 226-1700 for giving information or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Albuquerque Heading Home loves volunteers; they are the lifeblood of our initiative. Opportunities range from sorting clothing and furniture, to assembling care packages to helping deliver furniture to folks moving into housing. Please call us to find out how you can help. Below are our current opportunities:
- Furniture Donations and Warehouse Management
Help someone exiting homelessness in furnishing their new home. We need strong volunteers who are able to lift 50 lbs. to assist at our warehouse in sorting, organizing and delivering furniture donations.
Thursdays 9-12 or Fridays 1-5
Home Teams support neighbors who have recently been housed through the ABQ Heading Home Initiative in the transition to permanent and stable housing. Groups of 3-5 volunteers support one neighbor in getting out of the house and re-engaging with the community. Activities, which are determined by the Home Team and their neighbor, often include visiting parks and museums, celebrating birthdays, and attending medical appointments.
Flexible 1-3 hours per month
- Events & Fundraising Committees
Committee members assist with the planning and execution of events that benefit Heading Home. Duties range from designing logos and choosing menus to soliciting sponsorships and collecting auction or raffle items. Volunteers may serve year-round or for specific events as they choose.
Committee meetings are initially held monthly and increase in frequency nearer to events
- Special Skills Volunteers
Many of our volunteers provide unique services based on their own skill sets. Volunteers may assist with operations by performing administrative tasks, or assisting with website and social media management. Volunteers also serve directly with our neighbors in unique roles to provide services such as career development, acupuncture, live music, and wellness classes.
To learn even more about these opportunities or to fill out a volunteer application, click here.
Contact Charlie Moore-Pabst at (505) 226-1700 x200 for information on volunteering or email at email@example.com.
- Spread the word through your company, neighborhood, faith, friends and family networks.
- Introduce us to one new group so that we can tell the AHH story and engage them.
Become a formal part of Albuquerque Heading Home through our strategic, fundraising, policy, services or other teams and help us to shape the future of our vision.