Have Something to Give?
Please call Chandler Smith-Stetson at (505) 226-1700.
Albuquerque Heading Home accepts slightly care-worn furniture and other items (see “What’s Needed” below). Some items we need immediately.
We have created this list to guide our supporters in giving the most critically needed donations. The list is updated regularly.
Thank you for your interest in Albuquerque Heading Home and your help in fulfilling our vision to make homelessness rare, short-lived and non-recurring!
Want to Help?
The Donations Task Group is a focal point for the entrance of clients into new housing. Albuquerque Heading Home provides donated furniture and housewares to newly housed clients to ease their transitions into housing. This task group involves about 12-16 volunteer hours a month. Responsibilities are:
- Maintain Schedule of Volunteers on Regular Transport Days (2nd and 4th Friday of each month)
- Organize and Coordinate Routes and Maps of Each Transport on Regular Transport Days
- Help with Deliveries of Furniture and Pickup of Donations on Regular Transport Days
- Recruit New Volunteers to Help w/Transports
- Sort incoming donations, organize and catalog donations and assemble care packages for delivery to newly housed individual
- Coffee Mugs
- Coffee Makers
- Hand Towels
- Couches/Love Seats
- Coffee Tables
- End Tables
- Shelves/Book Cases
- Kitchen Tables/Chairs
Cleaning Supplies (Unused Please):
- All Purpose Cleaner
- Broom/Dust Pan
- Trash Bins/Bags
- Mouthwash (without alcohol)
- Shaving Cream
- Single-sized bed linens (for emergency shelter program)
- Queen-sized bed linens (for housing program)
- Pillow Cases
- Healthy Snacks
- Bottled Water
- Sleeping Bags
- Bicycle Locks
- Bus Passes
- Books (for the library)